increase | School playground
Increase is an independent, full-service & consultancy company for the playground industry. We offer design and consultancy for playgrounds, playground equipment.
Increase is een onafhankelijk, ontwerp- & adviesbureau voor de speeltoestelindustrie. Wij bieden ontwerp en advies voor speelterreinen en speeltoestellen.
increase,innovation,creativity,service,playground,equipment,playground layout,playground equipment design,consultancy,advice,safety standards,standards,EN71,EN71-1,EN1176,EN1177,inspection,risk assessment,certification,TÜV,CE,CE labeling, ASTM
innovatie,creativiteit,service,speelterrein,speelterreinen,speeltoestel,speeltoestellen,ontwerp,ontwerp speeltoestellen,ontwerp speelterreinen,layout,design,advies,veiligheid, veiligheid van speelterreinen,inspecties,risicoanalyse,risicoanalyse speelterrein,certificatie,CE markering
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-51657,qode-core-1.1,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,brick-ver-2.0, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,side_menu_slide_with_content,width_470,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.2,vc_responsive
A small local school in the Antwerp region (Belgium) came up with the idea to transform a part of their completely paved play area into a green, natural one.
Driven by the parents’ committee, a concept was developed together based on the needs of the school, the parents and the children, taking into account the limited available budget.
The result is a fun play area which was shielded from the paved play zone (which is used mainly as football square).
- The entire surface was covered with a thick layer of wood bark. Loose trunks are a multifunctional playing element for the children and also serve as seating during outdoor classes.
- A sandbox was constructed which also serves as a long jump pit during sports practice.
- A long bench was constructed using pavement stones that were recovered.
- A stage with platform heigth 60cm was created and anchored securely.
- Several plants were strategically planted to create a natural separation between different play zones.
The safety was accurately analysed during the entire project and evaluated meticulously in an extended risk analysis.